Aging comes with a lot of changes in the body. Aside from our skin growing wrinkled or our hair becoming grey, the most detrimental part of becoming a senior is the fact that we become more prone to various diseases. As a medical clinic in Illinois, we understand that seniors need the appropriate care and attention for the sake of their health. That is why we are here to help you.
Now, how can we help our elderly loved ones feel safe and secure with their health and immunity? That’s simple: by boosting their immunity. As experts in geriatrics, we know the right methods and health plans that will be safe for your parents or grandparents to follow.
Here are our geriatrician-approved lifestyle changes that you and your elderly loved one can follow.
- Get enough sleep. Having to sleep a good amount of eight to nine hours is crucial for stress levels to go down. This is also the important time of the day where our bodies do its best in repairing itself.
- Quit smoking and drinking alcohol.Nicotine and alcohol are detrimental ingredients and chemicals that do our bodies harm than good. So, it is high time for you to lay off on the brandy and cigarettes.
- Become more active.Don’t let age stop you from having fun. Spend time with your loved ones through fun outdoor games or by simply exercising indoors.
- Get a flu vaccination.Consulting services in Arlington Heights, Illinois, suggests that adults must maintain getting booster shots to update their protection against the flu and other diseases.
- Eat healthily.Nothing beats having a balanced diet. Getting your greens, fruits, protein, and fiber every meal is essential to maintaining one’s overall well-being.
If you are looking for more ways to boost your elderly loved one’s immunity and health, make sure to contact Doctor Sanchez Medical Care, led by a primary care doctor in Elgin, Illinois.